Thursday, November 5, 2009

Amy's winning poems


My daughter Amy caught the poetry bug when she just turned 9 in December 2008. She wrote her first poem as a Christmas present for me. Since then she has written 400 poems.

Amy's poem collection titled "Love, Laugh, Life : 100 Seleted Poems" won the first place in her age group at the 2009 Minnesota State Fair.

Amy’s dream is to be a writer and a poet.

Here are a few seleted poems by Amy.

Brother
I like my brother Andy
Because he is very handy
And he gives me candy
That’s why he’s so dandy.

Mother
You are the best Mother
To me and my brother
Above any other
So I would never trade you for
another.

Mother’s Day
I hope this is the best
Mother’s Day you’ve ever had.
And I hope you still love me
When I make you mad.
I know I sometimes can be bad,
But today I want to make you glad.

Dad
My Dad is very special to me
He loves me very much you see
He helps me with a lot of things
From business trip toys he bring
He always wants me to play
Look there he is on Christmas Day
Hooray!

Grandma
I know my grandma adores me
And my grandpa too
As you can see
They always take me to the zoo.

My baby doll
My baby doll is nice to hold
The one I have is getting old.
One eye came out and now instead
She has a dress made out of thread.
I take her everywhere I go
And tell her all the things I know.
I like the way she feels at night,
All snuggled up against me tight.

Walk
I went on a walk
All I did was talk.
On the walk I rode my bike
It’s one of the things I like.
Only my mom and I went on the walk
And all we did was talk talk talk.
After the walk we went to dine
It was my first walk in 2009.

Fire drill
At school we have a fire drill
So we go out on a little hill.
When we go out we get a chill
Even if we don't stay still.

Art
Whenever I do art
I do it from my heart
Since I am so smart
I got a head start.

Wish
The sky is getting gray
I wish it was a different day
My mom made me lay
I pray I get to play

No comments: