Thursday, November 5, 2009

Winning at Minnesota State Fair





August 27, 2009 was a very exciting day for me. It seems I have never felt so excited like that in my life, at least not in a long time. I found out that my 9-year-old daughter Amy won big at the 2009 Minnesota State Fair competition.

This was the very first time she participated in the competition. I did expect Amy to win something, especially for her poems. To my surprise, she not only won the 1st place for her poem collection, but she also won the 1st place for her colored pencil drawing (Fruit), the 3rd place for her acrylic painting (Lions) and the 4th place for her water color painting (Parrot).

I have to say, I am most proud of her 1st place for the poem collection. She is really good at writing rhyming poems and wrote 400 poems since last December. I hope we can get her poems published some day.

My daughter made this one of the proudest mements and one of the best days in my life. It was a great day to celebrate and remember.

No comments: